Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'M JUST ANOTHER PETE YORN'S GIRL

Hi Peoplehood.
I've been sulking for days now and i really need to retract it so what i did was to play music nonstop or watch a tv series marathon so i could plant good thoughts and keep me sane nyahah. Since i'm in my music/tv mode, i want to share some of my favorite musicians that ive discovered thru the tv shows  i've watched  cause im really into soundtracks eversince i've heard Chantal Kreviazuk sang "Feels Like Home" in Dawsons Creek (cheesy?yeah. ive been there. :) Thank God for the internet i can easily search for the title's track or artists now, unlike then, i have to buy tons of music magazines just to look for a certain artist, song lyrics and most of the time i cant even find it. Pete Yorn is one. 

I first heard Pete Yorn in one of the episodes of Dawsons Creek but i had a hard time looking for the track even the artist cause i thought it was R.E.M. who sang it. That was i think the late 90's and the next time i heard it again was the first season of Veronica Mars and its already 2006. The title was "Just Another". I love the song much i never get tired of hearing it. His voice do sound like REM's Michael Stipe, just lighter... warmer...a different twang and of course he's more goodlooking. He's toured with REM though along with Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews, Semisonic among others. Unknown to me, he was already one of the 10 to watch back in 2001. Ive listened to his other songs and was amazed in his songwriting skills. He has this certain depth that i can't describe whenever i analyze his lyrics. He's very good in expressing his thought thru his music. Sad to say, i wasnt able to follow his career earlier, maybe im not in my music mode then i have no idea who he is but its okay, music never fades and Pete Yorn's musicality will always be admired by me. Brilliant. Here's videos of my favorite Pete Yorn song.Sorry, i cant  find an official video of "Just Another" and cant embed his videos and i really want to include it in my post so i just chose a video with Logan & Veronica of Veronica Mars. Byers Peeps. Winn Out.


No comments: