Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BATTLING LUNG CANCER




Hi Peeps.

Whew. Been months since ive posted a blog. Know why? i freakin don't know. Nyahaha. Well, basically because i've been busy with work and i'm quite tired when i go home and my mind is not working and all i do is listen to my music and READ READ READ... my books, my fave blogs and news since i havent had time to watch tv in a regular hours wherein todays news is already summarized haha. Im updated though, since internet is like my connection to the whole world. i really mean all. nyahah. anyways, aside from my work, its been a roller coaster tough rough months for my family. i wont blog regarding music as of now cause i want to share a story about my brother.

My first blog here at blogspot is about my Dad who passed away 9 months ago. 2 months after that, my eldest brother was diagnosed with a rare type of lung cancer, Bronchiolovascular Carcinoma, its usually for neverbeen smokers according to wikipedia. My family is facing another fatal disease. My brother who was diagnosed in another country came home to have a lobectomy since its the recommended procedure so that the cancer wont spread. It was done immediately and one fourth of his lung was removed.After the operation, Intravenous Chemotherapy was advised. After talking to an oncologist, we were quite shock because there are 3 rates for chemotherapy wherein it ranges from 8k to 70k per cycle for the medicines alone meaning with all professional fees and hospitalization, we'll be spending around 120k per cycle. We went to Lung Center Manila for a second opinion, its still the same rates, however, the resident oncologists made it lower by helping us getting discounts so the chemo sessions per cycle wil be lower, with the best medicines for chemo, professional fees and hospitalizations, and his main oncologist even made it easy by suggesting that the next chemo sessions will already be in Baguio..and all that for 70k per cycle, every 21 days. Its still expensive but we know that it will be the best for my bro.

My main concern here is that, its just so sad that people who was diagnosed with this sickness have no other options regarding the chemotherapy (Its like you-can-have-the-best-medicine-if-you-have-money). I also went to pcso to ask help for medicines and i met a lot of people whose seeking help mostly cancer and dialysis patients, most of them also seeked help from the senators and other politicians and sadly, the highest they can get is around 1k. It took me a day to process the first and second step, almost 1 month for a claiming it and thats just 1 gram of my bro's meds and for a cycle(every 21 days), he needs 4 grams. Ive talked to a lot of patients and patients relatives there that it pains me to see and hear that a lot of them is very hard up even for the the lowest rate of chemo drugs. Kami nga na kahit papanu may pagkukuhanan e nahihirapan, paano na lang sila? I wish and hope that the government will focus more on providing better medicines for the poor especially this kind of sickness wherein even the most health conscious, healthy living human can be diagnosed. I wish more foundations, Cancer organizations and free best medicines will be put up so that patients who cant afford the best medicine possible can have it free. In the near future, ill be wanting to put up a cancer foundation, ill just analyze, think and plan how i can start and how to do it but definitely ill do something about it.

My brother's gone through 4 cycles of chemotherapy and cleared after 4 months. It was a long, hard process but with Dad's guidance Up above and God's greatness, we battled cancer. My brother's under remission now and we will keep on praying for a healthy life for all of us. The Light Is Always Up peeps. All we have to do is always turn it on. To God be the Glory. Byers Peeps. Winn Out.





No comments: